15/03/09

The kitchen!

Today I will explain my point of view about the queen of rooms, aka the kitchen.
There's an italian female singer, Irene Grandi, that sings "In my castle I am the queen and my kingdom is the kitchen" (translated by me, the original song is "La cucina" from the album "Irene Grandi", 1994).
Well, she has splendidly summed up my thoughts!

My perfect kitchen must be built around me (quite small since I'm only 1,63 tall :P). It must be separated from the dining room by a short wall (about 1,30 m, 4,26 feet), on which there's a panel of concrete-glass tiles (blue of green) up to the ceiling: I really love concrete-glass because it makes a room bright and stained. I need a medium work surface because I have to knead the dough for pizza, spaghetti and gnocchi (do you know what a "gnocco" is?). But in my kitchen there will be no place for a dishwasher, because I don't like it. Yes, it's useful when there are a lot of dishes to wash (cooking contests with friends or the celebrated italian Christmas' Eve dinner) but it's also not really cheap.

I really love kitchen furniture by Snaidero (an italian furniture factory), but they are expensive. Very expensive. And when I'll finally have my sweet home, I won't have enough money to buy Snaidero's furniture. ^^'''
But, for the record, my favourite model is the one called Ola.

Now I have to work (for me it's never sunday!): next time I'll give you the not so secret recipe for pizza dough!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento